Sunday, October 11, 2009

Not understanding the bigger picture, when facing the picture upclose.

"Y mountain here I come," said the young man as he climbed out of bed on the brisk Friday morning.  This story is about me.  I am the young man, those were my feelings.  Friday evening came and I did. I concurred a goal that I swore I would never complete as a young boy.  Growing up in a house hold, where the gospel of University Utah sports was preached, I found that thought of even believing I would attend BYU and let alone climb the Y produced that throwy-uppy feeling in my throat.  Yep, that basically sums up my childhood.  I loathed BYU.  I grew up and now at the age of 22 I feel that I am giving such things, such as hiking the Y, a more open chance.  Atop of the Y I was shocked to find out that the Y was just a bunch of cement poured onto the ground painted white.  So here is my analysis of the truth I learned.  From up close the Y looks like nothing special.  The shape is hard to define and the color takes on a grayer more that white tint.  Upclose my view and knowledge was limited.  Life seems to be trying.  As hardships comes, like racing storm arising into the distant horizon ..... mmmm ...... I don't know what I am trying to paint with my words, but basically how I feel is that from a far the perspective of the Y comes into view.  From a far the view of the Y is glorious and grand; however, up close it looks like cement.  This is the point I am coming to is that as we face the perils of life we wonder the purpose they have in helping us at all.  As the ruffer times pass and we grow and look back on the times that caused so much grief, we couldn't imagine our lives without that set of struggles.  Looking back on life provides us with a greater perspective and we are to see the grand beauty of our life, understanding better who we actually we are.  I feel I cannot exactly explain the connection I am drawing between these principles, but in my head I am making sense and that it was matters right now.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment