This is my paper analysis for last week on Kairos. I know I should have written it last weekend, but poor planning leads to poor performance.
ETHOS: My authority, credibility, or the trust I can give to the readers is that biking has been a large part of growing up and over several hundreds of miles have been biked in these last three years. During this proceeding summer I biked up to 15 miles a day in all types of weather conditions and along all sides of roads; bike paths, suburbs, busy highways included. With the accidents that I have been in, I have always walked away with no serious injuries; with each I was wearing my helmet.
Logos: So many times a day we do things that protect or safety, yet when deciding to ride a bike, motorized scooter, or motorcycle some choose against the most simple way to protect their life. We cross at cross-walks, buckle-up when driving, look both ways when crossing streets; however, when it comes to riding we think everything will be okay. My question I then state is, "Why do we then buckle up when in a car?" Because we have witnessed car accidents and seen them. We know that people's lives are protected when they fasten their seatbelt and dreams are shattered when they don't. I buckle up, look both ways, wear a helmet, and am cautious with things that could involve taking my life away, because my future is more important.
Pathos: We are risking, when we don't take the effort to strap on a helmet, our future. We have spent our whole life waiting for the precious moments that are about to come: College, profession, Marriage, kids. Our hopes and wishes could be gone in an instant. My sister lost her life in a car accident at the age of seventeen and ever thing that she dreamed up while dressing up and playing house now can't be hers. Why risk something so great, when all danger could be prevented so easily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment